Specialisterne is Recruiting!
Specialisterne connects qualified neurodivergent candidates to employment opportunities in numerous industries and sectors in Canada and the US.
To apply, you will have experienced barriers getting and/or maintaining meaningful employment and identify with one of the following:
- Autism (including Asperger’s and PDD-NOS)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Learning Disability (e.g., dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia)
- Intellectual Disability
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Tourette Syndrome
Specialisterne is proud to partner with Johnson & Johnson on a Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative.
Be yourself, change the world.
Our vision at Johnson & Johnson is for every person to use their unique experiences, abilities and backgrounds, together – to spark solutions that create a better, healthier world.
Descriptions of the roles are provided below. Applications must be submitted in full no later than Sunday, June 25th @ 11:00pm EST.
Title: CNC Operator
Hours: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM or 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM EST
- 2 days on 2 days off-3 days on 2 days off
- 34.5 hrs. one week- 46.0 hrs. one week=10.0 hrs. OT
- Must be able to work 2 weekends (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) each month
Required Personal Protection Equipment:
- Safety Glasses
- Ear protection is discretionary
Location: Jacksonville, FL - On-Site
Target Start Date: July 23, 2023
Other: Vaccination Requirement (if applicable), etc.
After successfully completing training, this individual will provide CNC fabrication of optical inserts (sphere & aspheric designs) and associated components used on multiple injection molding platforms. This person will also perform all work with adherence to safety procedures and GMP/ISO requirements.
Core Tasks - In this job, you will:
- Work on fabrication of high quality, tight tolerance (+/- 2 microns) products and perform work to meet established standards
- Adhere to compliance and all safety requirements, Product/Production quality and Production efficiency
- Participate in activities related to the overall success of the department, such as: Safety- Inspections/Procedure/Reviews, Quality- Document revisions, 5S, and other continuous improvement initiatives
- Using measurements tool ensure quality accuracy against established standards
- Utilize Optical Tooling CNC machines & platforms to possibly include: Mazak Lathes (up to 4 axis-blanks and milling process), Precitech Nanoform X (Pre-machine or optical finish diamond turning (OFDT)), Moore 450 (OFDT), Moore 250 (OFDT), Precitech Nanoform 250 (OFDT).
General Skills and Abilities - You:
- Have the ability to perform tasks such as Walking, Bending, Pulling, Light Lifting (Up to 23 lbs.), Grasping, Visual Acuity, Kneeling, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing.
- Are able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail to adhere to standards
- Are able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with supervisors and team members
- Are able to maintain detailed documentation
- Must be able to stand for at least one hour at a time
Digital/Technical Skills & Tools - You have the following digital skills*:
Required skill level*
- Basic - e.g., I can do this in simple situations with close or extensive guidance
- Intermediate - e.g., I can do this in most situations, with occasional guidance
- Expert - e.g., I can do this in exceptionally difficult situations with no guidance and I can be a key resource for others.
Experience (Professional, Academic, Personal)
- Experience working with CNC Machinery is a nice to have but not required
Here’s how frequently the following types of communication and interaction are required to perform the job:
- Oral communication: Constantly
- Email communication: Daily
- Instant messaging: Infrequently
- Interacting with supervisors: Daily
- Interacting with peers: Daily
- Training or teaching others: Potentially as skills grow
Here’s what can be stressful on the job:
- Meeting precision performance standards for production quality and efficiency
Here’s what is attractive about the company/role:
- The opportunity to work with several types of CNC Machinery
- Specialisterne and our employer partners are committed to providing inclusive onboarding experiences and supporting new employees as they learn on the job
- All new hires continue to liaise with a Specialisterne Workplace Support Manager for their first twelve weeks on the job
The Recruitment Process
To be considered for this position, you won’t be interviewed by the employer. Instead, here’s how it works:
- Apply to the job. This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne USA.
- Join our talent pool (if you haven’t already): Complete a talent pool questionnaire and a “Workplace Skills Inventory” (about your situation, job skills and how you work best), and a pre-employment assessment (this is an additional way to show your job skills/abilities instead of interviewing).
- Create a job-specific Candidate Profile: If you meet the qualifications of the role, our talent acquisition team will give you access to your Candidate Profile. You will use it to answer job specific questions and/or complete a work sample exercise to showcase your skills for this role.